This book examines the six constitutions Cambodia has had since its independence in 1953. What are the Cambodian institutions today? What are the powers of the King? How is the succession to the throne ensured in an elective monarchy? Are human rights protected in a country where the worst of crimes against humanity have been committed? How independent is the judiciary? The new Constitution, promulgated on 24 September 1993, answers these questions. This collection, where each of the fundamental laws is placed in its historical perspective, includes the founding texts of the first independent Cambodian Kingdom, the Khmer Republic of Field Marshal Lon Nol, Democratic Kampuchea of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, Heng Samrin's People's Republic of Kampuchea, and Hun Sen's State of Cambodia.
Text: English (translation)
Author: Raoul M. Jennar
Number of Pages: 150
Publisher: White Lotus Co Ltd
Publication Date: 01 Jan 1997
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789748496368
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.