Miriam E. Nelson's research created news worldwide when the results were published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. After a year of strength training twice a week, women's bodies were 15 to 20 years more youthful. Without drugs, they regained bone, helping to prevent osteoporosis. They became stronger - in most cases even stronger than when they were young. Their balance and flexibility improved. They were leaner and trimmer, without changing what they ate. What's more, the women were so energized, they became 27 percent more active. No other program -- whether diet, medication, or aerobic exercise -- has ever achieved comparable results. "Strong Women Stay Young" shows women how to get the same remarkable benefits at home or in the office, working out just twice a week. Individualized instructions get couch potatoes started -- and help exercise buffs break through plateaus. Significant improvements are seen after just four weeks. This major new book features eight simple, safe exercises done standing or seated -- no sweat, no special clothes; fully illustrated step-by-step instructions that any woman can customize to her needs; important new information on muscle, bone, balance, and fitness -- explaining why this program works; progress logs for the critical first 12 weeks and a complete strength-training program to do at the gym. This scientifically tested program is proven safe and effective for beginning, intermediate, and advanced exercisers. All it takes is two short sessions a week to improve how you feel, what you can do, and how you look -- for the rest of your life!
Author: Miriam E. Nelson
Number of Pages: 287
Publisher: Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
Publication Date: 01 Feb 1998
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780553103472
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.