This volume describes the basic skills and techniques involved in media relations that should be helpful to students and practitioners alike. The author starts by showing how to construct a realistic programme and how the relevant activities can be planned and assessed in the light of organizational objectives. The book covers not only the standard tools of communication such as press releases, mailing lists, photographs, TV and radio interviews, competitions and special offers, but also events like press conferences, factory visits, new product launches and sponsored radio and TV. A feature of this edition is the attention paid to electronic communications, including the use of computers, scanners, modems and satellite telephones. Throughout the test actual examples are given by way of illustration. There are practical hints and tips, and a series of comprehensive checklists.
Author: Judith Ridgway
Number of Pages: 232
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Publication Date: 11 Jan 1996
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780566077029
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.