City of Small Blessings won the Singapore Literature Prize in 2010. A film project based on the novel has been chosen to be part of the 2017 Cannes Film Festival's Cinefondation Atelier.A Singaporean retires, migrates and then returns. But, he slowly finds, there is no simple return to a place called home. Once a well-known public figure who contributed tothe country, he is now on the fringe of the city he barely recognizes.A letter comes from the government and he begins a journey. In the present, he must find a way to face the new men of authority. He must confront old sacrifices and struggles. He regrets. He discovers.Layered and nuanced, City of Small Blessings uses a complex lens to expose the tragedies and blessings of Singapore.
Author: Simon Tay
Number of Pages: 220
Publisher: Landmark Books Pte.Ltd ,Singapore
Publication Date: 17 Aug 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789814189194
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.