In this survey, John Passmore concentrates on the British tradition in logic, metaphysics and the theory of knowledge, yet he never neglects parallel developments in Europe and America. He considers the crucial new insights that were generated into probability, propositions and private languages, meaning, minds and bodies and the limits of science. Accounts explore the main schools and individual contributions of philosophers ranging from Ayer to Bradley, from Heidegger to Popper, from Moore to Merleau-Ponty and from Russell to Ryle.
Author: John Passmore
Number of Pages: 640
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
Publication Date: 01 Dec 1978
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780140209273
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.