The global art market has recently been valued at close to $50bn - a rise of over 60% since the global financial crisis. These figures are driven by demand from China and other emerging markets, as well as the growing phenomenon of the artist bypassing dealers as a market force in his/her own right.
This new textbook integrates, updates and enhances the popular aspects of two well-regarded texts - Understanding International Arts Markets and The Art Business. Topics covered include:
Emerging markets in China,
East Asian, South East Asian, Brazilian, Russian, Islamic and Indian art,
Art valuation and investment,
Museums and the cultural sector.
This revitalized new textbook will continue to be essential reading for students on courses such as arts management, arts marketing, arts business, cultural economics, the sociology of arts, and cultural policy.
Author: Iain Robertson
Number of Pages: 370
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Publication Date: 10 Dec 2015
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780415811125
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.