Author: Alan Gibbons
A tense yet thrilling novel from Alan Gibbon that tackles the issues of domestic violence, fear and prejudice with great pace and vitality. Danny is a boy on the edge. A boy teetering on the brink of no return, living in fear. Cathy is his mother; she has been broken by fear. Chris is fear - and they belong to him...When Danny and Cathy break free of their fear and escape to start a new life, instead of freedom they find danger an prejudice of a different kind. The novel presents us with an account of domestic violence and racial prejudice from a number of different points of view. It is an excellent model for the study of multiple narration and explores emotive contemporary issues with sensitivity, linking to Citizenship and PSHE. A compelling plot involves even reluctant readers, and students will find many opportunities for discussion.
- 100% of the profits from this book goes to our partner under our Partners for Change programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Blessings in a Bag
- ISBN: 9780007178643
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.