Arthur Yap published four major collections of poetry: only lines (1971), commonplace (1977), down the line (1980), and man snake apple & other poems (1986); and contributed a section of poetry in the anthology Five Takes (1974). These five publications are now out-of-print. The Collected Poems of Arthur Yap gathers the entire corpus of Arthur Yap's poems, including his "vignettes" and other poems, in a single volume for the first time.
His work is notable for word play, original use of Singlish, and commentary on the values and priorities expressed by ordinary people in everyday situations. To this day, Yap's influence continues to impact the local literary and arts scene.
Author: Arthur Yap
Number of Pages: 268
Publisher: Nus Press
Publication Date: 31 Dec 2013
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789971696535
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.