Author: Sarmukh Singh
Sam is a primary school boy, burdened by big problems. His main objective at his tender age is to be noticed and loved by his family, friends and other people in authority, like his teachers. Undergoing severe tests, sometimes almost at the point of death, his resilience shows through and he bounces back from each trial, buck teeth at the fore, seemingly none the worse for wear and ready for more. Also, when members of his extended family were at his age, they had had their own moments of joy and disappointments, as well as their fair share of trials and tribulations when they were growing up. Their idiosyncrasies and feelings towards other family members show up during a gathering for an impromptu birthday party. But their love and underlying respect for each other, particularly for their elders, is strong although it is not openly obvious, manifesting when crises strike; and then the tribe draws its wagons in a circle, prepared to take on the world! And this tale has it all. Flying Cockroaches, Poltergeists, Bullies, Vicious Pets, Lovable and Hate-able Teachers, Family Differences, Greed, Need, Crime, Death, Joy, Sadness, Snakes, And Diverse... A heartening light-read that encompasses all age groups, races, and past and present times. Many a reader will identify themselves and empathize with the episodes related here. Especially when it involves three generations from early Malayan and relatively modern Singapore school life.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789810857745
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.