"Research Design Explained" provides students with an appreciation of science's excitement and relevance to psychology, by explaining concepts clearly and using real-life analogies and examples. Authors Mitchell and Jolley help students to develop a true understanding of research design, rather than simply memorizing terms, by focusing on important, fundamental concepts and demonstrating the logic behind research design.
About the Author:
After graduating summa cum laude from Washington and Lee University, Mark L. Mitchell received his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in psychology at The Ohio State University. He has co-authored (with Janina Jolley and Robert O'Shea) WRITING FOR PSYCHOLOGY: A GUIDE FOR STUDENTS. His professional affiliations include the American Psychological Association, Society for the Teaching of Psychology, American Psychological Society, Council of Teachers of Undergraduate Psychology, Phi Kappa Phi, and Phi Beta Kappa. He is currently a Professor at Clarion University, a loyal Buckeye fan, and the proud father of Moriah Mae Mitchell.Janina M. Jolley graduated with "Great Distinction" from California State University at Dominquez Hills and earned her M.A. and Ph.D. in Psychology from The Ohio State University. She is currently an executive editor of "The Journal of Genetic Psychology" and "Genetic Psychology Monographs" and Professor of Psychology at Clarion University. Her professional affiliations include the Middle-Eastern Honor Association (President 1999 to 2000; Vice-President 1998 to1999), American Psychological Association (Division 2: Teaching of Psychology and Division 20: Adult Development and Aging), American Psychological Society, Council of Teachers of Undergraduate Psychology, The Midwestern Psychological Association, and Phi Kappa Phi. Her hobbies include flying, Civil Air Patrol, biking, and spending time with her family.
Author: Mark Mitchell
Format: Soft cover
Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing Co Inc
Publication Date: 2006
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780495093626
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.