Too many working professionals still subscribe to the old Milton-Friedman logic that "businesses' sole purpose is to generate profit for shareholders." In this revolutionary book, authors John Wood and Amalia McGibbon show once and for all that cause is not the enemy of commercialism, but perhaps the new key to it.
Based on over 100 interviews with entrepreneurs, executives and front-line staff, Wood and McGibbon provide a breath-taking tour of this new and inspiring world.
You'll learn from mom-and-pop shops and corporate giants like Google and Goldman Sachs why corporate social responsibility is more than just a buzzword or publicity stunt, but instead represents the new competitive advantage. You'll learn how to:
- win the war for talent
- create a compelling bond with customers
- motivate employees
- reduce attrition
- appease the regulators
- and create a positive buzz on social media
Purpose Incorporated is a "permission slip" to those businesspeople who want to have a positive impact on the world, but worry the corner office or cubicle isn't the place for it.
Author: Visiting Fellow John Wood
Number of Pages: 234
Publisher: Amalia McGibbon
Publication Date: 15 Jan 2018
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780692999639
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.