This new Revision of the popular Pilates Primer contains all of the original Pilates Primer content and materials (copies of both of Joseph Pilates original two books: Contrology and Your Health) and another almost 100 pages with significant writings on the latest developments in the Pilates world of trainings and instruction in recent years.Much has changed in the 21st Century since 1934 when Joseph Pilates wrote his first book (Your Health) about fitness and health. His second book in 1945, Return to Life through Contrology, contains his detailed and definitive series of exercises.Both of these original books were copyrighted and republished by us, and are incorporated into this new Revised edition under the new and broader title, Pilates Evolution. This Revision has received dramatic and extensive updates for the 21st Century and is the natural evolution of his original writings, elucidating, expanding on, and demonstrating where Pilates' fitness is moving currently. Inside this new book, Pilates Evolution, you will find all the Pilates' Primer pages and much more: cents Joe's original exercise photograph sequences, poses and instructions.cents Joe's original words explaining his very personal Twentieth Century philosophies, principles, and theories about health and fitness.cents The very latest in 21st Century enhancements to Pilates' exercises, using variations in body positioning, balancing, centering, and aligning, both with and without additional exercise props. Joseph Pilates based his work on the concept of a balanced body and mind espoused by the early Greeks. Learn in this book how current practitioners of Pilates in the 21st Century expand upon Joe's earlier work. Read and see photographic sequences about creative approaches involving circular movements, standing postures, and core strengthening exercises using props such as tubes, weights, poles, bands, magic circles, mini-balls, stability balls, foam rollers a
Author: Joseph Hubertus Pilates
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Presentation Dynamics Inc
Publication Date: 21 Apr 2016
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781928564911
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.