Keisha Ceylon is a psychic. At least, that's what it says on her business card. What Keisha actually does for a living is she watches the news for stories about people who have gone missing. She gives it a few days, then makes her move - telling the distraught family that she's had a vision about their missing loved one and may just have a clue to where they could be found. Which she'd be happy to reveal - for a modest fee, of course.
Keisha's latest mark is a man who's wife disappeared a week ago. She's seen him on TV, pleading for his wife to come home or for whoever took her to let her go - and right away she can see dollar signs too.
But when she pays Wendell Garfield a visit to give him the good news, things don't go exactly according to plan. At first he's sceptical, hostile, even. But once she starts telling him about her visions, visions that might just explain why his wife of twenty-one years had been missing for four straight nights, she can tell she's got him hooked.
The trouble is, unbeknownst to her, Keisha's 'vision' is uncomfortably close to the truth. And advertising it may be the last thing she wants to do . . .
Never Saw it Coming is based on the novella Clouded Vision, which was published as part of the Quick Reads programme in 2011.
Author: Linwood Barclay
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
Publication Date: 31 Jan 2013
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781409141426
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.