Men's clothes today are confusing--they reflect the multi-task world we all live in, where work is a constant presence and fun is serious business. The old uniforms are gone, with casual work environments, new cultural standards, and increasing global influences, new styles are evolving. In this changing time, Chic Simple Men's Wardrobe makes the myriad options easy, accessible, and inexpensive. The book is divided into four sections of a guy's life: WORK LIFE takes you through everything you need to compete sartorially whether you work at home or in an office, EVERYDAY LIFE reflects today's more casual society and the new dress codes for weekends and after work, OUTDOOR LIFE is a gear guide to both the classics and the tech-advanced sport clothes for golf, tennis, skiing, fishing, hunting, or the gym, and evening wear, whether for a casual dinner date or opening night, is covered in NIGHT LIFE. In addition, you'll learn to:
--dress for an interview or a night on the town
--handle the new corporate casual look
--travel for a week with an overnight bag
--relax when the invite reads "black tie"
--choose the right cut for your body type
--dejunk your closet and recycle the classics you own
--create a low-maintenance lifetime wardrobe
First Aid, a section in the back, turns you into your own valet--stains, starch, ironing are demystified; how to pack and how to shop are deconstructed; and a glossary defines more than 200 terms from "gusset" to "placket."
Author: Kim Johnson Gross
Number of Pages: 222
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Publication Date: 03 Jun 1998
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780679445760
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.