Within a few years of each other in the 1880s five Americans were born who would play large parts in leading the way toward a new balance of global power - away from Europe in favour of the United States - over the course of the first and second world wars and beyond. These men had been born into a political world dominated by Europe. When their careers were complete no nation could match American influence politically, economically and militarily. This is a major work of popular history by the acclaimed author of A Peace to End All Peace. David Fromkin brings a sparkling fluency and storytelling instinct to the wonderfully large narrative and the characters who form its story - Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Marshall and MacArthur.
Author: David Fromkin
Edition: New edition
Number of Pages: 640
Publisher: Pan MacMillan
Publication Date: 27 Sep 1996
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780333639009
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.