Aspiring and new art gallery owners can now find everything they need to plan and operate a successful art gallery in this comprehensive volume. Edward Winkleman draws on his years of experience to explain step by step how to start your new venture. Chapters detail how to: write a business plan find start-up capital find your ideal locale renovate the space manage cash flow promote and grow your new business attract and retain artists and clients hire and manage staff represent your artists. How to Start and Run a Commercial Art Gallery also includes sample forms, helpful tips from veteran collectors, a large section on art fairs, and a directory of art dealers associations.
Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
Author: Edward Winkleman
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing
Publication Date: 14 Jul 2009
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781581156645
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.