Author: Estelle Phillips
Reviews of the third edition: 'This remains the best general...introduction to working on the PhD. It is well worth consulting by anyone considering the PhD as a route to take, either part-time combined with employment, or full time as a route into academia' - Social Research Association. 'This is an excellent book. Its style is racy and clear...an impressive array of information, useful advice and comment gleaned from the authors' systematic study and experience over many years...should be required reading not only for those contemplating doctoral study but also for supervisors, new and experienced' - "Higher Education".Since the first edition of this innovative book appeared in 1987 it has become a worldwide bestseller. Through it many thousands of students in all faculties and disciplines have been helped to gain their PhDs. Practical and clear, this book examines everything students need to know about getting a PhD through research in any subject. It also helps supervisors and examiners to better understand their role in the process. It is completely updated throughout. It includes a new section on increasingly popular professional doctorates such as EdD, DBA and D.Eng. It includes new material for overseas, part-time and mature students, and their supervisors. It also includes a new diagnostic questionnaire for students to self-monitor progress. It takes in the impact of the new Code of Practice of the Quality Assurance Agency. It includes stories of other PhD students, problems they encountered and how they dealt with them! "How to get a PhD" is the essential handbook for doctoral students!
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780335216840
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.