This book helps parents gain loving advice on how to say yes to the child who says no. This is a Lightning Source, Inc. print-on-demand title and can be ordered only from Spring Arbor Distributors by calling 800-395-5599. International Customers please call 615-793-5000 ext. 24882 or fax at 615-213-5720.
From the Back Cover:
This book deals with the strong-willed child: the problem kid who gives his parents fits, the child who doesn’t seem to mesh with the family system, the one who doesn’t seem to buy its system of values, standards, and beliefs. Over time, he gets labeled the "bad kid," and parents assume he's the problem in the family. But that assumption contributes to the dilemma. The strong-willed child is part of the family, not separate from it. She affects the family and the family affects her. Unfortunately, most of the time she feels like an alien. She wishes her family would leave her alone, and they wish she would be less of a problem. But unless the two get together -- unless every member of the family learns the part he or she plays in the family's difficulties -- the dilemma will never be solved. There are many handbooks out there that give parents tips for "handling" their strong-willed child. If you are looking for a handbook of easy answers, a tried-and-true list of parenting methods, you will not find it here. What you will find, however, is freedom: the freedom to "unlabel" your child, the freedom to understand the underlying emotional system of your family, and the freedom to break the chains that bind your family in unhealthy relationships. Your strong-willed child will probably never be "cured." But in writing this book, I hope to help you modify your style of parenting so that it becomes part of the solution, not part of the problem. Eventually the strong-willed "piece" in your family "puzzle" will find a perfect fit.
Author: Randy Reynolds
Number of Pages: 200
Publisher: HarperCollins s Inc
Publication Date: 01 Feb 1995
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780310486114
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.