Author: Susan Griffith
While many adults envy the gap year students who take a year off to roam the world, an increasing number of them are putting normal life on hold to follow their own gap year dreams. Gap Years for Grown Ups is a complete and comprehensive guide to how to do it, complete with an enormous range of opportunities and first-hand accounts from people who have actually done it. Information includes: specialist gap year schemes that accept older participants; jobs and voluntary work around the world; ideas for pursuing a hobby or new project. This guide also offers superb advice on issues that will concern older gappers, such as how to persuade your boss to give you leave, ensuring that you have a job to return to, and how to finance a trip. While this book offers practical information and advice, its sister book, The Grown Up Gap Year Diaries, gives a personal insight into a gap year adventure, and takes readers on a journey through the highs and lows of travelling the globe. "A comprehensive guide to career breaks" Daily Telegraph "Informative and full of ideas and contacts" The Times
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781854584410
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.