Forbidden Lessons in a Kabul Guesthouse is an inspirational memoir by Suraya Sadeed, an Afghan woman from a wealthy family who became an exile in America after the Russians invaded. She made a happy and successful life for herself in Virginia with her husband and child. Then in the wake of her husband's sudden death she decided to return to Afghanistan to help those who had suffered throughout the years of the invasion, the reign of the Taliban and post 9/11 trauma. A true heroine, she smuggled herself across borders in various disguises, braved warlords and set up underground girls' schools in Kabul in order to bring aid and hope to thousands. Once back in America she founded Help the Afghan Children, a charity that over 17 years has raised millions to set up schools and clinics in Afghanistan and to help the displaced people of the region.
Author: Suraya Sadeed
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Publication Date: 07 Jul 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781844086627
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.