At last, a weight-loss book for the enlightened! By debunking the traditional, the conventional and the downright unproven, Escape the Diet Trap steers would-be dieters away from short-term regimes towards long-term success. The Problem Rates of obesity continue to rise, despite a wealth of nutrition advice. While specific diets vary in approach, the advice is generally underpinned by the calorie principle: weight loss is simply a matter of eating less or exercising more. Yet both science and anecdote frequently reveal that this doesn't work beyond the short term. The Solution Escape the Diet Trap reveals why taking a calorie-based approach to weight loss essentially dooms us to failure. The dieter is not at fault, the approach is. Presenting ways of eating that offer enjoyable, satisfying fat loss, without extensive exercise, calorie-control or hunger, Escape the Diet Trap shows how to escape the cycle of restrictive attempts at weight loss and establish a healthy, sustainable relationship to food.
Author: Dr. John Briffa
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: HarperCollins s
Publication Date: 05 Jan 2012
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780007442430
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.