Emotion is a comprehensive text that integrates traditional psychological theories and cutting-edge neuroscience research to explain the nature and role of emotions in human functioning. Written in an engaging style, the book explores emotions at the behavioral, physiological, mental, and neurofunctional (i.e., chemical, metabolic, and structural) levels, and examines each in a broad context, touching on different theoretical perspectives, regulatory processes, development, and culture, among others. Providing greater insight and depth than existing texts, the book offers a holistic view of the field, giving students a broader understanding of the mechanisms underlying emotions and enabling them to appreciate the role emotions play in their lives. In dedicated chapters, the text covers past and current theories of emotion, individual emotions and their bodily representation, the role of emotions for behavior and cognition, as well as interindividual differences.
Author: Annett Schirmer
Number of Pages: 528
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Publication Date: 19 Aug 2014
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781452226255
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.