'Hard not to hate Rachel McCormack who bags the best gig of the year and then writes a brilliant book' Val McDermid
'Chasing the Dram is a hilarious journey around the distilleries, bars, graveyards and bus stations of Scotland.' - The Daily Record
'If you think you know all about whisky, this book will show you otherwise. And if your kitchen isn't yet home to a bottle of the stuff, McCormack persuasively suggests why it should be.' - Olive Magazine
'laced with pithy Scots humour, history, anecdotes and recipes' - The Sunday Telegraph
Whisky is Scotland's national drink and has been for over five hundred years, since then becoming a global phenomenon. It is a drink that is a profound and important part of Scottish life and culture but, unlike other countries and their national libations, it has hardly been used in food. Rachel McCormack is going to change that with this book. Limiting whisky to a drink, she believes, is similar to the traditional Presbyterian attitude to sex; it should only be done with the lights off and in the missionary position. Rachel believes that there is an entire Karma Sutra of whisky use out there and she has put it in this book.
Interspersing an engaging mix of anecdotes, history and information on distillers and recipes, this book will appeal to everyone from the cooking whisky connoisseur, to the novice whisky learner looking for some guidance on what to eat and cook. Rachel travels the length and breadth of Scotland, discovering a myriad of unique and interesting people and facts about this remarkable drink, with interviews with the key people who create it around the country, as she visits the famous distilleries of her country, as well as the more home-grown variety.
Author: Rachel McCormack
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Ltd
Publication Date: 29 Jun 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781471157226
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.