This third volume in a series presenting young architecture and design talents - Brayer and Simonot co-edited the previous two focusing on global architecture and living space - turns its attention to building with the land. Projects by 30 innovative young practices - including Field Operations, Tom Leader, NOX, Servo, Vicente Guallart and Kengo Kuma - confront and offer proposals and solutions to such issues as dwindling natural resources, land engineering, the city as ecosystem and the sensitive development of brown sites. Presented through extensive plans, computer renderings and photographs, buildings and larger-scale schemes reveal an almost infinite array of breathtaking ideas for the future, an inspiration for a generation of designers, practitioners and policy makers. Essays by international critics Frederic Migayrou, Bart Lootsma, Manuel Gausa and others consider the earth's economy and suggest how contemporary architects might best and most responsibly consider respond to our fragile planet in a technology-driven age.
Author: Marie-Ange Brayer
Number of Pages: 248
Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
Publication Date: 23 Jun 2003
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780500284124
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.