Author: Allison Pearson
Meet Kate Reddy, Fund Manager And Mother Of Two. She Can Juggle Nine Different Currencies In Five Different Time Zones And Get Herself And Two Children Washed And Dressed And Out Of The House In Half An Hour. A Victim Of Time Famine, Kate Counts Seconds Like Other Women Count Calories. As She Hurtles Between Appointments, Through Her Head Spools The Crazy Tape-Loop Of The Working Mother'S Life: Must Remember Client Reports, Bouncy Castles, Transatlantic Phone Call, Nativity Play, Check Dow Jones, Cancel Hygienist, Squeeze Sagging Pelvic Floor, Make Time For Sex. Factor In A Manipulative Nanny, An Australian Boss Who Looks At Kate'S Breasts As If They'Re On Special Offer, A Long Suffering Husband, Her Quietly Aghast In-Laws, Two Needy Children And An E-Mail Lover, And You Have A Woman Juggling So Many Balls That Some Day Soon Something'S Going To Hit The Ground. In An Uproariously Funny And Achingly Sad Novel, Allison Pearson Captures The Guilty Secret Lives Of Working Mothers, The Self-Recriminations, Comic Deceptions, Forgeries, Giddy Exhaustion And Despair As No Other Writer Has Ever Done. With Fierce Irony And A Sparkling Style, She Brilliantly Dramatises The Dilemma Of Working Motherhood At The Start Of The 21St Century.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780099455677
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.