This isn't just "someone's opinion"...It's the first, definitive, evidence-based guide to effective management. In The Truth About Managing People...and Nothing but the Truth, Robbins delivers principles you can rely on throughout your entire management career--regardless of your organization, role or title. This is a management book that cuts through the soft opinion and conjecture books that have dominated the business shelves in recent years and shows what management researchers know actually works, or doesn't work, when it comes to managing people.
Drawing on the author's 30+ years of research and textbook writing experience, Robbins has distilled the results of thousands of research studies on human behavior into over 60 proven "truths" that can transform how you manage people--and the results that are achieved. The author provides guidance to you organized around key, human-behavior-related problem areas that managers face (hiring, motivation, leadership, communication, team building, conflict management, job design, evaluating performance and coping with change), along with guidance to help you apply the information and improve your managerial effectiveness.
Author: Stephen P. Robbins
Number of Pages: 240
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Publication Date: 17 Jul 2003
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780131838475
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books and clothes using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$30 are eligible for free local delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. After the order is dispatched, they typically arrive within the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or clothes or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.