Have you ever walked into a half-empty restaurant in France, only to be told that it's complet? Attempted to say "merci beaucoup" and accidentally complimented someone on their cute backside? Been taken to what you've been assured is the perfect house deep in the countryside, only to find there's no electricity or running water?
If the answer to any of the above is 'oui', Talk to the Snail is the book for you.Find out how to get served in a restaurant; learn to be exquisitely polite - and brutally rude - at the same time; discover the language of love, sex and suppositories (not necessarily in that order). It's all here in this funny, informative, seriously useful guide on how to get what you really want from the French.
With advice on essential phrases and bons mots to cover all eventualities, and illustrated with witty real-life anecdotes, Talk to the Snail is a book that no self-respecting Francophile - or Francophobe - can afford to be without.
Author: Stephen Clarke
Number of Pages: 272
Publisher: Transworld s Ltd
Publication Date: 02 Jul 2007
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780552774093
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.