Simultaneously a fast-paced contemporary metropolis and a venerable center of history and culture, London seduces the traveler with infinite possibilities for an action-packed weekend. Now, with the help of The New York Times and its expert travel writers and photographers, you can refine choices and cut through tourist cliches to get the best of Britain in just 36 hours.
Through treasure-house museums and cutting-edge galleries, classic pubs and top-notch theater, discover the best of this buzzing world capital with a selection of lively itineraries, including thematic and neighborhood specials such as Literary London, London with Children, East London, and Hampstead. If it's time to venture further afield, you'll also find a selection of glorious weekend trips outside of the city, from the Highlands of Scotland to sleepy Welsh villages, the dreaming spires of Oxford to beachside bliss in Brighton.Featured destinations: London, Literary London, East London, London with Children, Hampstead, Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge, Birmingham, Liverpool, South Wales, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and the Highlands & Isle of Skye.From Abu Dhabi to Zurich, trust TASCHEN's New York Times 36 Hours series with your next travel adventure.
Author: Barbara Ireland
Number of Pages: 80
Publisher: Taschen GmbH
Publication Date: 18 Apr 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9783836562584
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.