Marco Polo Mauritius: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips. Experience all the island's attractions with this up-to-date and authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. You'll discover nice hotels and restaurants as well as night spots and other trendy places to go. There are also ideas for shopping and tips for those on a budget, plus suggestions for what to do with kids, and sports and activities. Further sections include: Festivals and Events, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, French phrase book and index. Mark Twain once said that God created Mauritius first and then modelled Paradise on it. Whoever flies to Mauritius is looking for sun, sand and sea; what they will find is an absolutely magical place. With MARCO POLO Mauritius experience the jewel of the Indian Ocean up-close. This practical, pocket-sized guide takes you to numerous interesting places. Just an hour from the beach you will be in the rainforest, and it only takes a few minutes from the Tamil temple to the Christian shrine. Experience the bustle of Port Louis and discover the colorful villages nearby which seem to come from a different age.
The MARCO POLO Insider Tips reveal where you can get miracle teas and why you should take part in the Diwali festival. The 'Best Of' pages point out some experiences unique to Mauritius, recommend things to do for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and unwind. You will find out what's trendy on the island, be it diving in a submarine or enjoying Reggae and Sega music. In the Excursions & Tours chapter you can discover the eastern part of the island or embark on a trip through all the climatic zones. Mauritius is a paradise for all kinds of sports! Whether golf, canyoning or hiking: hardly any sporting wish is left unfulfilled; the Sport & Activities chapter will give you some good tips. Finally the Dos & Don'ts highlight a few things you need to be aware of when visiting the island. MARCO POLO Mauritius provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of the island. To help you find your way around there are 'Where First' panels in the text, a detailed Road Atlas, a useful map of Port Louis in the cover, plus a separate pull-out map.
Author: Marco Polo
Format: Mixed media product
Number of Pages: 132
Publisher: MAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
Publication Date: 22 Jun 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9783829707312
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.