"I set out deliberately to write a tour-de-force. Before I ever put pen to paper and set down the first word I knew what the last word would be and almost where the last period would fall." --William Faulkner on As I Lay Dying
As I Lay Dying is Faulkner's harrowing account of the Bundren family's odyssey across the Mississippi countryside to bury Addie, their wife and mother. Narrated in turn by each of the family members--including Addie herself--as well as others the novel ranges in mood, from dark comedy to the deepest pathos. Considered one of the most influential novels in American fiction in structure, style, and drama, As I Lay Dying is a true 20th-century classic.
This edition reproduces the corrected text of As I Lay Dying as established in 1985 by Noel Polk.
Author: William Faulkner
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: Random House USA Inc
Publication Date: 01 Jul 2015
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780679732259
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.