Matilda loves science and inventing. Her heroes are Marie Curie, Leonardo da Vinci and Thomas Edison, and one day she wants to be a famous inventor herself. So when she doesn't win the school science fair, she's devastated - especially as the judges didn't believe she'd come up with her entry on her own. Because she's a girl.
When Matilda shares her woes with her Grandma Joss, she's astonished to learn her grandma was once a scientist herself - an astrophysicist, who discovered her very own planet. Trouble is, Grandma Joss was also overlooked - her boss, Professor Smocks, stole her discovery for himself. And he's about to be presented with a Nobel Prize.
Matilda concocts a plan. They'll crash the award ceremony and tell everyone the truth! So begins a race against time - and against Matilda's strict mum and dad! - on a journey through Paris, Hamburg and Stockholm, and on which they encounter a famous film star, a circus, and a wanted diamond thief...
Author: Ellie Irving
Number of Pages: 320
Publisher: Penguin Random House Children's UK
Publication Date: 06 Jul 2017
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780552568371
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.