Synopsis: By sea and on the airwaves, by dollar and yuan, a contest has begun that will shape the next century. China's rise has now entered a critical new phase, as it seeks to translate its considerable economic heft into a larger role on the world stage, challenging American supremacy. Yet he also shows why China may struggle to unseat the West - its ambitious designs are provoking anxiety, especially in Asia, while America's global alliances have deep roots. If Washington can adjust to a world in which it is not the sole dominant power, it may be able to retain its ability to set the global agenda.
About the Author: Geoff Dyer is a journalist for the Financial Times and has been a correspondent in China, the U.S., and Brazil. He is the recipient of a Fulbright award and of several journalism awards, including a Society of Publishers in Asia Award for a series of opinion pieces about China’s role in the world in 2010. He studied at Cambridge and the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. He lives with his family in Washington, D.C. "About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- All orders will be dispatched within 7 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781846146657
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.