Authors: Rodolphe de Koninck, Julie Drolet, Marc Girard
Since 1965, when it became a fully independent city-state, Singapore has
been an effervescent laboratory of economic, social and environmental
transformation and innovation. The government of the small island republlc,
which currently covers about 720 sq km, has thoroughly transformed and
extended the lands under its control to serve the needs and ambitions of
its citizens. The systematic overhaul of the Singaporean environment
reflects a deliberate policy of social transformation, a revolution
controlled and monitored from above. While Singapore's achievements in the
realm of economic and social development have been carefully observed,
little has been said about the close connections between these
accomplishments and territorial management. Based on an extended series of
diachronic maps, this book illustrates the nature and depth of the
territorial changes that have occurred since the early 1960s. The
commentary that accompanies the maps shows how Singapore has used this
ongoing territorial transformation to support its position in a globalized
economy, and also as a tool of social and political management.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789971693978
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.