Mildred D.Taylor's much-loved classic, for readers aged 12+, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry follows a feisty African-American girl - Cassie Logan - as she grows up in Mississippi during the Great Depression and learns the shocking realities of racism. Perfect for fans of The Help, Malorie Blackman and To Kill a Mockingbird .
'Look out there, Cassie girl, all that belongs to you.'
Cassie finds it difficult to understand why the farm means so much to her father. But, as she witnesses the hatred and destruction all around her, she begins to learn the importance of standing up for your rights.
The powerful and moving story of growing up during the American Depression.
Mildred D. Taylor was born is Jackson, Mississippi and is the author of several young adult novels which tackle issues of race, including: the iconic Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, Let the Circle Be Unbroken and The Land.
Author: Mildred Delois Taylor
Number of Pages: 224
Publisher: Penguin Random House Children's UK
Publication Date: 29 Sep 1994
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780140371741
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.