Authors: Brian Salsberg, Clay Chandler, Heang Chhor
REMINGINING JAPAN: Contributors to this volume include some of the world’s
most brilliant thinkers from fields as diverse as business, politics,
academia, science and technology, journalism and art and design. In the
aftermath of the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis of March 2011,
Japan has become a bigger part of the world’s consciousness than it has
been for years. But Japan also is grappling with other problems that, over
the long run, pose a much greater challenge to its national well-being than
the devastation in Tohoku.... How can the country compete with a rising
China? Cope with a fast-aging society? Deal with its enormous debt?
Rediscover its entrepreneurial verve? Regain its position as a leader in
technology and innovation? In Reimagining Japan, McKinsey & Company, the
world’s top management consulting firm, asked more than 80 global leaders
and experts to consider these questions. In essays brimming with insight,
affection and occasional humor, the authors offer their assessments of
Japan’s past, present and --most important -- future. What sets Reimagining
Japan apart is the breadth and diversity of its contributors. They range
from Fortune 500 CEOs to acclaimed writers (including three Pulitzer Prize
winners) to a star videogame creator, a soccer coach, a school principal
and a manga artist. There has not been such a comprehensive book about
Japan in the past generation - and perhaps ever. NOTABLE CONTRIBUTORS
Bernard Arnault, Ian Buruma, Gerald Curtis, John Chambers, Steven Covey,
John Dower, Bill Emmott, Victor Fung, Carlos Ghosn, Pico Iyer, Bob
McDonald, Stephen Roach, Masahiro Sakane, Masayoshi Son, Howard Schultz,
Klaus Schwab, Bobby Valentine, Steve Van Andel, Ezra Vogel, Robert Whiting,
Tadashi Yanai and more than 50 others.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781421540863
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.