From YouTube's Head of Culture and Trends, a rousing and illuminating behind-the-scenes exploration of internet video's massive impact on our world
What we watch, create, upload, follow, subscribe to and share matters - It reveals more about ourselves and our society than we could imagine.
YouTube is the biggest pool of cultural data since the beginning of recorded communication, with four hundred hours of video uploaded every minute. Its viral fads, endless tutorials and colourful personalities provide us with surprisingly profound insight into human nature - in all its glory and ignominy.
Through rousing and illuminating behind-the-scenes looks at beloved videos and famous trends, Videocracy reveals internet video's massive influence in our world, explains how awkward dance moves become global phenomena and paints a vivid, multi-layered and unexpected portrait of modern culture.
Author: Kevin Allocca
Number of Pages: 352
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Publication Date: 25 Jan 2018
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781408880272
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.