"Everyone's got a story to tell. If your story involves growing up among different cultures - either moving between them or having them move around you - then read this book. Growing up and transitioning cross-culturally can present unexpected challenges and bestow surprising skills. This is a book of adventures that helped me identify some of those challenges and realize some of those skills. Hopefully it can help you too - which is important because you've got more to contribute to the world than you realize." "Once, down a dark alleyway, a struggling TCK bumped into a mysterious Zen master, a grinning comedian, and an author of thrillers. That alleyway and those personas reside at O'Shaughnessy's center. Get ready to grab your seat to steady your heart and to avoid falling over with laughter." Douglas W. Ota Author, Safe Passage: What Mobility Does to People & What International Schools Should Do About It "I wish this book had been written when I was younger." Ruth E Van Reken Co-author, Third Culture Kids: Growing Up Among Worlds "O'Shaughnessy's does a marvelous job of covering the characteristics of the Third Culture Kid with riveting examples taken from his own life. Thanks for this valuable addition to the TCK literature and most importantly, the teen TCK." Lois J Bushong Author, Belonging Everywhere & Nowhere: Insights into Counseling the Globally Mobile "O'Shaughnessy skillfully approaches cross-cultural upbringings and transitions with insight, compassion and humorous tales of identity, connection, community, belonging and resilience." Linda A Janssen, Author, The Emotionally Resilient Expat: Engage, Adapt and Thrive Across Cultures "Every TCK who is a junior or senior in high school should read this book before going off to college or living on their own." Delana H Stewart, Education Consultant
Author: Christopher O'Shaughnessy
Number of Pages: 226
Publisher: Summertime Publishing
Publication Date: 01 Dec 2014
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781909193727
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.