Synopsis: Since it was first published in 1964, Elements of Shipping has become established as a market leader. Now this new edition has been entirely updated and revised to take in the many changes that have occurred in the shipping industry in recent years and the increased emphasis placed on professionalism, qualified personnel and the need for the latest available technology. With new chapters on seaports and electronic data interchange, it explains in a lucid, professional manner the basic elements of shipping embracing operating, e-commerce/computerization (shipboard/trade), commercial, legal, economic, technical, managerial, logistics and financial considerations. It also reflects recent major trends including the impact of globalization, current good practice and future trends. All twenty-two chapters have been updated and over half of the content is new. Filling a gap for the discerning reader who wishes to have a complete understanding of all the elements of the global shipping scene together with the interface with seaports, international trade and logistics, it remains essential reading for shipping executives along with students and academics with an interest in the shipping industry. "About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780415362863
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.