Praised for its "teachability," Thinking Through Communication provides an excellent, balanced introduction to basic theories and principles of communication, making sense of a complex field through a variety of approaches.
In an organized and coherent manner, Thinking Through Communication covers a full range of topics-from the history of communication study to the methods used by current communication scholars to understand human interaction. The book explores face-to-face communication in a variety of traditional contexts: interpersonal, group, organizational, public, intercultural, computer-mediated communication and the mass media. This edition also offers new insights public speaking and listening.
Written in a clear, lively style, Trenholm's overall approach-including her use of examples and interesting illustrations-helps develop a better understanding of communication as a field of study and an appreciation for ways in which communication impacts our daily lives.
Author: Sarah Trenholm
Number of Pages: 448
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Publication Date: 10 May 2007
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780205530472
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.