The standard in the field, updated and revised for today's complex mechatronic systems More than ever before, engineers are responsible for the total system design of the products they create. While traditional modeling and simulation methods are useful in the design of static components, they are of little assistance to those charged with designing mechatronic systems comprising a variety of technologies and energy domains. Engineers who design such complex systems need more sophisticated tools to help them think and visualize on a dynamic systems level. This book arms them with one of the most important of those tools--bond graph modeling, a powerful unified graphic modeling language. System Dynamics, Third Edition is the only comprehensive guide to modeling, designing, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems comprising any number of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, thermal, and magnetic subsystems.
While it has been updated and expanded to include many new illustrations, expanded coverage of computer simulation models, and more detailed information on dynamic system analysis, it has lost none of the qualities that have helped make it the standard text/reference in the field worldwide. With the help of more than 400 illustrations, the authors demonstrate step by step how to: Model a wide range of mechatronic systems using bond graphs Experiment with subsystem models to verify or disprove modeling decisions Extract system characteristics and predict system behaviors Translate graphical models into complex mathematical simulations Combine bond graph modeling with state--of--the--art software simulation tools System Dynamics, Third Edition is an indispensable resource for practicing engineers as well as students of mechanical, electrical, aeronautical, and chemical engineering.
Authors: Dean C. Karnopp, Donald L. Margolis, Ronald C. Rosenberg
Number of Pages: 520
Publication Date: 13 Jan 2000
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780471333012
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.