FEATURES: *Emphasizes the basic concepts and the design aspects of control systems. *Avoids highly mathematical arguments but provides mathematical proofs whenever they contribute to an understanding of the material. *Includes examples at strategic points throughout (over 100 total). *Contains numerous worked problems (A-problems) at the end of each chapter (over 200 total), and 200 unsolved problem (B-problems). *Provides introductory discussion on the two-degrees-of-freedom control system, and introduces design conditions on robust control. *Presents an example of a design of a nonlinear model- reference control system. First formulates conditions for Liapunov stability; then designs the system within these limitations. NEW TO THIS EDITION: *NEW-Reorganizes content to cover all basic materials of control systems in the first 10 chapters, leaving advanced topics (such as state-space analysis and design of control systems) to the last 3. *NEW-Gives detailed explanations of how to write MATLAB programs to solve a variety of problems in control engineering. Includes MATLAB approaches to: *Obtain step response, ramp response, and impulse response of control systems.
*Plotting root loci, Bode diagrams, and Nyquist diagrams. *Solving (both analytically and computationally) pole-placement problems, observer design problems, and quadratic optimal control problems. *NEW-Expands coverage of the design aspects of control engineering - with many new design problems. *NEW-Adds an introduction to robust control (Ch.10). * NEW-Adds many new computational problems - all solved with MATLAB.
Author: Katsuhiko Ogata
Number of Pages: 997
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication Date: 17 Sep 1996
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780132613897
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.