This book is a first course in the skills of computer programming. It is not intended to cover all aspects of programming in C. The book is intended as a first step along the road to competent computer programming using sensible and proven design principles. The emphasis is always on good design practice and good coding style. The book is a self-contained package, the format of which is a three-part structure made up of short chapters. The first eleven chapters present an introduction to the C language. Chapters twelve to nineteen concentrate on the principles of good program design. The final part, chapters twenty to twenty-seven, combines the lessons learned in the earlier chapters and shows how to proceed from an initial statement of need through to a working program. Further features of C are explored to allow the design and implementation of solutions to more realistic problems. The book comprises the text itself, many short questions designed to elicit understanding of the ideas learned and exercises to put the theory into practice. To support this, the companion floppy disc contains solutions to the exercises using the 'cheat' system.
The cheat system allows selective access to specific parts of a solution without showing the complete answer. Refer to the text for more details.
Authors: Melvyn Joseph King, John Philip Pardoe, Paul Vickers
Number of Pages: 256
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Book Company Limited
Publication Date: 01 Apr 1999
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780077079130
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.