Fully revised and updated 9th edition: includes changes to resuscitation techniques
From first-aid essentials to life-saving procedures, it's worth having someone who knows what they are doing to cope with life's little (and big) emergencies. The latest edition of this best-selling manual, published in association with the UK's three leading first-aid providers, St John's Ambulance, St Andrew's First Aid and the British Red Cross, gives you the knowledge you need instantly if someone falls ill or gets hurt.
Live-action step-by-step photographs show you how to treat casualties and over 100 medical conditions and injuries, from minor burns to heart attacks. Find information on the latest life-saving procedures and resuscitation guidelines as well as basic first aid techniques, like bandaging and applying dressings. Plus, chapters explain what it's like being a first aider, what to do in an emergency situation and how to look after a casualty. Keep it handy - for home, for work and for leisure.
Number of Pages: 288
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Publication Date: 16 Jun 2011
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781405362146
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.