The worst storm in history seen from the wheelhouse of a doomed fishing trawler; a mesmerisingly vivid account of a natural hell from a perspective that offers no escape. The 'perfect storm' is a once-in-a-hundred-years combination: a high pressure system from the Great Lakes, running into storm winds over an Atlantic island -- Sable Island -- and colliding with a weather system from the Caribbean: Hurricane Grace. This is the story of that storm, told through the accounts of individual fishing boats caught up in the maelstrom, their families waiting anxiously for news of their return, the rescue services scrambled to save them. It is the story of the old battle between the fisherman and the sea, between man and Nature, that awesome and capricious power which can transform the surface of the Atlantic into an impossible tumult of water walls and gaping voids, with the capacity to break an oil tanker in two. In spare, lyrical prose 'The Perfect Storm' describes what happened when the Andrea Gail looked into the wrathful face of the perfect storm.
Author: Sebastian Junger
Number of Pages: 240
Publisher: HarperCollins s
Publication Date: 05 Feb 2007
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780007241750
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.