"Arcadia Greentree knows she isn't exactly normal. But then she discovers
she isn't Arcadia Greentree either. Arcadia Greentree sees the world like
no one else. Exceptionally observant, the sixteen-year-old is aware of her
surroundings in a way that sometimes gets her into trouble : and then out
of it again. But then she discovers something odd going on at school, and a
tragedy at home forces her to use her skills to catch a killer. Set in the
contemporary real world, the story begins with a sixteen-year-old Arcadia
attending an elite public school in twenty-first century England. Written
in the third-person present-tense, the book captures her observational
skills and puts the reader next to her as she confronts mystery, danger,
and tragedy. The central plotline concerns the tension between the
emergence of her character and the unravelling of her identity. By the end
of the first book, her father has been murdered and her mother put in a
coma : yet only days before, she had learned that they were not her
biological parents at all. In fact, they have been monitoring and shaping
her development together with the headmaster of her school for an unseen
actor referred to as othe professoro."
Author: Simon Chesterman
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Limited
Publication Date: 2016
- Vendor: Blessings in a Bag
- ISBN: 9789814751506
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.