Francis Bennett's brilliant fictional sequence of novels tracing the history of the Cold War started with MAKING ENEMIES, set in the deadly days of the race for the hydrogen bomb in the late 1940s, and continued with SECRET KINGDOM, which anatomised the run-up to the Hungarian Revolution. Now, in DOCTOR BERLIN, we are in 1961 at yet another time of crisis as the great powers squabble over that symbol of a divided Europe, Berlin. As in his previous books, Francis Bennett shows us how lies and deception have shaped the recent history of our continent, how a relatively small number of deeply cynical men and women have affected the lives of millions - and how, if a few idealists had been listened to - it all might have been very different. Nobody has written so penetratingly or so fascinatingly of the great tectonic shifts of the past fifty years since John le Carre.
Author: Francis Bennett
Edition: New edition
Number of Pages: 304
Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
Publication Date: 04 Jul 2002
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780753813454
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.