With a foreword by Simon Singh this breathtaking book features 250 of the most significant milestones in the history of scientific discovery, offering a unique perspective on our unfolding view of the universe from the origins of counting and the concept of 'zero' to cloned cells and the human genome. A beautifully simple design complements short, lucid essays on each breakthrough, placed next to the most striking images available. Now in a new easy-to-handle format, this is the most unique science book ever published - the first truly accessible, fully illustrated story of science, with special contributions from leading scientists and science writers.
Author: Dr. Simon Singh
Number of Pages: 544
Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
Publication Date: 01 Oct 2003
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780297843375
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.