Death didn't shock her, but it appalled her, and she knew it always would: the waste of it, the violence and the cruelty of it. But she lived with it too much to be shocked, even by this. They died with smiles on their faces. Three apparent suicides: a brilliant engineer, an infamous lawyer, and a controversial politician. Three strangers with nothing in common - and no obvious reasons for killing themselves. But police lieutenant Eve Dallas is immediately suspicious of the deaths. And her instincts pay off when autopsies revealed small burn marks on the brains of the victims. Is this a genetic abnormality or a high-tech method of murder? Eve's investigation turns to the provocative world of virtual reality games - where the same techniques used to create joy and desire can also prompt the mind to become the weapon of its own destruction
Author: J. D. Robb
Number of Pages: 320
Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Publication Date: 18 Dec 2003
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780749934118
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.