Ranging from nineteenth-century daguerreotypes to more recent work by photographers such as Frederick Sommer and Manuel Alvarez Bravo, the J. Paul Getty Museums collection of more than one hundred thousand images ranks among the most comprehensive holdings of rare and important photographs in the world.
The latest addition to the Masterpieces of the J. Paul Getty Museum series--which includes volumes highlighting the Museums collections of antiquities, decorative arts, drawings, illuminated manuscripts, paintings, and sculpture--this volume gathers fifty representative selections from the museums renowned Photographs collection. Each image described in fascinating detail by the curatorial staff of the Department of Photographs at the Getty Museum. Including such classics as Walker Evanss Citizen in Downtown Havana, The Whisper of the Muse by Julia Margaret Cameron, and Georgia OKeefe: A Portrait, by Alfred Stieglitz, the volume also features images by Carleton Watkins, AndrÃ¯Â¿Â½ KertÃ¯Â¿Â½sz, Man Ray, Lisette Model, and many others. This book is also available in French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
Author: J Paul Getty Museum
Number of Pages: 128
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Publication Date: 01 Apr 1999
- Vendor: Thryft x Books for Charity
- ISBN: 9780892365173
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 50% of the profits from this book will be donated under our Books for Charity programme. For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Lakeside Family Services' Reading Intervention Services. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.