This excellent book is a practical, sound, Reformed handbook for the elderly. In fourteen short chapters, Oxenden provides simple, heartfelt, spiritual advice on important issues and topics, such as the duties, temptations, trials, and joys of old age. The author's aim is to lead his readers to true happiness in the Lord Jesus Christ, and to show how to live actively and fruitfully in Christian service in the final years of one's life. It is highly recommended for all ages, but especially for the elderly. In twelve short chapters, this book provides simple, heartfelt spiritual advice on important issues and topics that are particular to those in their latter years.
Table of Contents:
1. Life's Journey
2. The Days That Are Past
3. The Duties of Old Age
4. The Temptations of Old Age
5. The Trials of Old Age
6. The Joys of Old Age
7. The Aged Christian and His Bible
8. The Aged Christian in the House of God
9. The Aged Christian in His Closet
10. The Aged Christian Ready for His Departure
11. The Aged Christian in Death
12. The Aged Christian in Heaven
Hymns for the Aged
Author: Ashton Oxenden
Number of Pages: 80
Publisher: Reformation Heritage Books
Publication Date: 22 Feb 2012
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781892777324
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.